Louis E. Scholz
- Born in Sykesville, MD
- Professional Gemologist, Columbia School of Gemology
- UK Fellow
- Current Advisory Board Member, UK Art Museum
- Current Executive Board Member, 24K Club SEUS
- Past President, LADA (Lexington Antique Dealers Association)
- Former Board Member, Estate Jewelers Association of America (EJAA) Certification Lab
- Founder of Fine Jewelry by Louis, a wholesale antique jewelry company, as well as founder and designer of the English-made
- Brixton and Gill, Inc. cufflink company.
- Supplier Member, American Gem Society (Brixton & Gill, Inc.)
Louis has been in the jewelry industry for almost 30 years with his primary focus being on antique and period jewelry and cufflink manufacturing. He is a member of the American Gem Society (AGS), the Manufacturing Jewelers (MJSA) the Diamond Council of America (DCA), and the 24K Club, South Eastern Guild. His company, Brixton & Gill, was the first British manufacturing firm admitted to the American Gemological Society.
Before starting his own wholesale antique jewelry company, Louis worked as a jewelry repair person, as an assayer in a gold refinery, and as a partner in an antiques store in Baltimore, Maryland. In the mid 1980s, Louis discovered his true penchant—the search, acquisition, and conservation of antique and period jewelry.
Outside of work, Louis’ passion is helping children through fundraising. He was part of the AGS effort to support the Jewelers For Children (JFC) charity. Founded in 1999, the industry’s charity has invested nearly $28 million in special programs to reach children whose lives have been devastated by catastrophic illness or life-threatening abuse and neglect.
Another personal goal is supporting the antique and estate jewelry industry through education. Whether speaking at an industry conference on the subject of estate jewelry or helping create a standard of ethics and professional guidelines, Louis strives to move the antique and estate industry forward and foster an atmosphere of mutual cooperation and continuing education.
Upcoming speaking engagements include: