New content on the way.
Louis E. Scholz
- Born in Sykesville, MD
- Professional Gemologist, Columbia School of Gemology
- UK Fellow
- Current Advisory Board Member, UK Art Museum
- Current Executive Board Member, 24K Club SEUS
- Past President, LADA (Lexington Antique Dealers Association)
- Former Board Member, Estate Jewelers Association of America (EJAA) Certification Lab
- Founder of Fine Jewelry by Louis, a wholesale antique jewelry company, as well as founder and designer of the English-made
- Brixton and Gill, Inc. cufflink company.
- Supplier Member, American Gem Society (Brixton & Gill, Inc.)
Louis has been in the jewelry industry for almost 30 years with his primary focus being on antique and period jewelry and cufflink manufacturing. He is a member of the American Gem Society (AGS), the Manufacturing Jewelers (MJSA) the Diamond Council of America (DCA), and the 24K Club, South Eastern Guild. His company, Brixton & Gill, was the first British manufacturing firm admitted to the American Gemological Society.
Before starting his own wholesale antique jewelry company, Louis worked as a jewelry repair person, as an assayer in a gold refinery, and as a partner in an antiques store in Baltimore, Maryland. In the mid 1980s, Louis discovered his true penchant—the search, acquisition, and conservation of antique and period jewelry.
Outside of work, Louis’ passion is helping children through fundraising. He was part of the AGS effort to support the Jewelers For Children (JFC) charity. Founded in 1999, the industry’s charity has invested nearly $28 million in special programs to reach children whose lives have been devastated by catastrophic illness or life-threatening abuse and neglect.
Another personal goal is supporting the antique and estate jewelry industry through education. Whether speaking at an industry conference on the subject of estate jewelry or helping create a standard of ethics and professional guidelines, Louis strives to move the antique and estate industry forward and foster an atmosphere of mutual cooperation and continuing education.
Upcoming speaking engagements include:
Olivia D. Johnson Scholz
- Born in Lexington, K
- Graduated Sayre School
- Attended Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- Graduated Cum Laude with Economics departmental honors from the
- Gatton College of the University of Kentucky – Bachelor of Science in Business and Economics (BSBE)
- Nominated for Woman Business Owner of the Year, National
- Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), February 2013
- Current Board Member, Local First Lexington
- Current Lexington Alumnae Board Member, Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Current Trustee and Member, LifeGate Church
- SJTA Certified Jeweler, 2010
- Former Vice President and Board Member, Palomar Hills Community Association
- Most Outstanding Alumnus Award, UK Chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi 2008
- UK Fellow, 2008
- Sayre School’s Alumni Advisory Board 1995-2007
- Certified Sales Associate, American Gem Society 2005
- Life Member Loyal, Alpha Kappa Psi 2000
- Co-Founded the UK chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi in 1998. AKPsi is a national business fraternity whose mission is to develop well trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, and experienced business leaders.
- First Vice President of the UK Chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity, 1998
- Headmaster’s Medal, Sayre School 1994 (awarded to one graduating senior each class)
In addition to co-founding St. John & Myers Jewelry, Olivia Johnson Scholz is also a principal of FJL/Fine Jewelry By Louis. FJL is a wholesale business within the jewelry industry, which she joined in 2001.
Olivia began her career in high school working for her father’s consulting company, JMC & Associates. There she honed her administrative skills, for which she will be eternally grateful!
Her first job in the jewelry industry began with Three Graces Estate Jewelry in Atlanta, GA. After Three Graces, she returned home to Lexington to finish her college career at UK.
Upon graduation, Olivia was the first University of Kentucky Economist hired by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) for their Transfer Pricing Tax Consultancy Practice in Washington, DC. Later, she joined the Estate Jewelers Association of America in New York, NY as an integral part of the association’s marketing team, as well as the company’s membership and publications divisions.